Autocross meeting, January 17, 2017
Present: Neal, Jeff McVey, Sonny, KP, Andrea, Ryan Gese, Austin, Robert Terhune, Earl Esson, Jim Herrud
Call to order – 7 p.m.
Jeff moved to wave the reading of the minutes of the last meeting. Motion passed.
Jeff announces the schedule that has just been decided by the schedule committee.
- We’re going to confirm the Expo days in the next couple of days
- We’re going to attempt to get an extra 2 weekends at Mt. Home, for a total of 22 events. Secretary will post the schedule and minutes after the meeting.
- May 20 and 21 is first
- Sept 30 & Oct 1 is next
- Neal will attempt to get these 2 weekends scheduled.
Next topic – Competition. To spur more competition, the discussion is whether the club should consider a year of putting all classes in “Category Supergroups”. i.e. – all Street cars are in a “Street Supergroup”, all Street Touring cars will use “Street Touring” Supergroup.
- This will be posted on the SRRSCCA website, as well as Facebook to let everyone know that this is going to be voted on in February.
- It needs to be noted that this is not optional…your specific class determines what Supergroup Category you’re in.
Trophies – The next item is how to give trophies for this year.
A clear definition of how trophies are awarded is being discussed.
Sonny makes a motion that we give trophies to the first 3 winners (that qualify for a trophy by attending the minimum number of events to qualify) of each class or category-super-group. No qualifying competitors after 3rd place shall be given an award. The awards given will be determined by a Trophy Committee at the end of the season.
- Jeff seconds the motion.
- Vote is 7 to 3.
- Vote passes.
Jeff makes a motion to adjourn meeting.
- Meeting adjourned.