Autocross meeting, Feb 21, 2017
Call to order – 7:01 p.m.
Neal updates everyone about Mt. Home Mayor offering a site for paving a lot for a 20 year lease on an AutoCross site south of the airport.
- The mayor is having engineers look at the grounds to see what we can build.
Jeff makes a motion to wave the reading of the minutes from last month.
- Motion seconded.
The Treasurer reports that we have money in the bank.
- Carl reports that Larry H. Miller Subaru wants to have a 5 year agreement for the club.
Super Groups discussion from last month rev iew
- The motion from last month was to combine groups into a smaller number of “Super Groups” so that it creates more competition. ie. All Street Touring classes would compete against each other…all Street Classes would be combined to run in a Super-Group called Street, and PAX would be used to determine run time.
A motion that the club combines classes into their categories, called “Super Groups” based on PAX times is made
- Super Classes would be as follows:
- Street would combine SS, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, and SSR
- Street touring would combine, STU, STR, STX, STS, STP, STF
- Street Prepared would combine SSP, ASP, BSP, CSP, DSP, ESP, FSP
- Street Modified would combine SSM, SM, SMF
- Prepared would combine X, C, D, E, F
- Modified would combine A, B, C, D, E, F, K
- CAM would combine CAMC, CAMT, CAMS
- Heritage would combine under HSF and HSR
- Someone seconds the motion
- Motion fails. 5 in favor, 8 against
Treasurer brings up that the fees are going up.
- A motion is made to increase entry fee to $35 a day
- The motion is seconded
- Discussion about whether we have done “market research” to see who we’re losing.
- RE states that we don’t have the number of people showing up to keep prices the same.
- Motion passes. 9 in favor. 4 against.
Motion is made to charge $40 for the first day’s event, and $30 for the 2nd day.
- The motion is seconded.
- The motion passed. 9 in favor, 4 against.
A motion is made that a Class Champion is determined by the following:
- the driver must participate in at least 6 events to qualify for a trophy.
- A driver can only trophy in 1 class.
- Final class standings shall be determined by total points earned in class at end of season.
- There will be 4 dropped events regardless of total number of events.
- Points are awarded to members based on run times during any competition event. The fastest run of each driver, plus penalties will determine that driver’s class position for each event or PAX numbers for Open class only. Points are as follows:
- 1st in class = 6 points
- 2nd = 4
- 3rd = 3
- 4th = 2
- all others = 1 point
- Trophies will be awarded in each class based on the following criteria:
- Trophies or awards for the top 3 places by total points in each class
- the type of trophy or award will be determined by a trophy committee at the end of the season.
- Mark Ruth for president. He makes sense.
- Motion passes. Unanimous decision.
A motion is made that we modify “Open Class” to increase competition between drivers.
The class would be based on the following criteria:
- All cars must meet the rules of the SCCA for the class they’re running.
- Driver must register in the Open Class on place an “O” behind the marking on the cars class, for example AM/O, or HS/O.
- During an event the Open class is treated like all other classes, all runs will count and ride-alongs are permitted.
- Class points are awarded to members based on PAX times during a competition event. The fastest daily runs, plus penalties will be adjusted by PAX for that class, and the will determines the drivers position for each event. Points are awarded toward the championships the same as all other classes.
- Points earned in the Open Class can only be applied to the Championship points for the Open class.
- Trophies or awards for the top 3 places determined by total points.
Motion is denied. 5 votes for, 7 against.